Wednesday Night Worlds - Racing Profiles

Monday, April 28, 2008

"Chainless Joe" relaxed, confident, determined, speaks on BTIM.

Joe, Chainless, Donzella the odds on favorite granted an exclusive interview during a hectic last few days before traveling to the WV mountains of Snowshoe for what my be his last chance to ever get a podium spot. Does he have the massive quads and Armstrong like VO max to overcome what has been his enemy in past BTIM's--CRAMPS?

Joe what has been the secret this year for your chiseled physique and confidence going into what many call the hell of the east, the tour at snowshoe?
Well I just suppose its my training program that includes intervals on the tandem by myself pulling Lorenzo. also my strict diet, massive training load, and its just my time.

What about your diet, you look so fit? age doesn't play a factor in your all or nothing attitude does it?
I eat a very balance diet, drink plenty of fluids, including a glass or two of fine vino, plus I pick a few scraps from my son's plate from time to time. I don't feel my age is a factor, look at all the classic riders. they are older and more experienced. I have suffered at BTIM in the past, but this year the suffering go to the chasers looking at my backside on the Williams river climb.

Joe, do you have a plan on when you will attack the group and who do you think can go with you?
Well of course I will go sometime, I don't plan on offering my wheel to anyone this year. I think Chad can climb with me Abdu can also stay with me. but in the end only Cusack and his henchman Brad will have a chance for a podium spot along side my giant quads. I'm deeply sorry the Rooster got clucked, he was quite a competitor, He will be missed, especially his yelling for the "Bullit" on the Ranger Station Climb. El-Toro and The Little Man from Marshal Country may offer some slight resistance early but both are well past prime.

Do you feel the pressure of being the favorite since the Sheriff picked you as THE ONE to beat? and is it true you may cut back on your schedule the office to race professionally this year? \
Actually I feel no pressure, with the Sheriff blessing and his non presence my name will go along side many of the greats in former BTIM's. I will not confirm that I have had offers, but my wife and child will come first this year. I may do a few regional races to pick up some pocket change but my practice comes first, at least for now. Now get the f--k away from me I have to rest up!!!!!!!!

No comments: